Mission: To Preserve and Protect the Interests of Small and Mid-Sized Manufacturers in California
Organization: State-wide 501-c6 non-profit association, founded in 1991
Members: Durable goods manufacturing firms throughout the state of California.
- Written and sponsored nine legislative bills on Workers Compensation Reform, Tort Reform, Tax Credits, Training, Regulatory Reform and Economic Development issues
- Increased public awareness of manufacturing issues by speaking at various public forms
- Affiliates with various organizations to address the critical issues facing manufacturers
- Provide testimony at State and Federal levels on behalf of our members
- Identify and place members in state and local leadership councils
- Co-founded the Small Manufacturers Institute to focus on education and economic issues
- Saved many High School and College Industrial Arts programs
- Led industry’s battle to increase availability of skilled labor in manufacturing
- Co-Founded the Coalition for Manufacturing Careers which hosts over 800 students per year at the WESTEC Student Summit for manufacturing.
- Created the California Small Manufacturers Health Trust to maintain a competitive edge in controlling the cost of health insurance.
- A leading architect in developing regional economic development strategies and models. Co-founder of the Economic Alliance of the San Fernando Valley.
- Develop and Sponsor meetings on current topics of importance
- Produced the Workshop for California Jobs attended by 550 manufacturers
- Produced the Future of Aerospace Manufacturing attended by 600 manufacturers